SIGMA is always looking for talented individuals in Sales and Engineering.
Please forward your resume to HR@sigmaco.com. SIGMA is an equal opportunity employer.
AVAILABLE POSITION #1
Product Development Engineer/Inside Sales
Cream Ridge, NJ
About the Company:
SIGMA OEM is a global OEM sourcing company offering contract manufacturing and distribution services to companies across the United States and Canada. With a core-competency in iron, steel and specialty alloy castings and fabrications, we are a critical part of the value chain of our most demanding customers. Based in Cream Ridge, NJ, SIGMA OEM is a division of SIGMA Corporation.
As a member of our product development team, your role will be an integral part of our customer experience. Your technical aptitude combined with excellent communication skills will be a valuable asset to both external and internal customers. You will conduct technical reviews of all aspects of product design including manufacturing drawings, solid models and physical samples. You will assess the feasibility and manufacturability of new products and often times be involved in value engineering initiatives with existing products. You will evaluate, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues while managing multiple projects.
- Interface with customers and sales reps to provide technical assistance, develop familiarity with applicable industry standards, and have the ability to develop a basic understanding of the fit, form and function of our customer’s products.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of products and develop an awareness of all current manufacturing processes.
- Contribute ideas for design projects (both new and revised) and recommend new uses for existing products.
- Collaborate with manufacturing on product design, tooling development, and manufacturing processes as well as assist with pilot runs and first article inspections.
- Assist in patent searches, do necessary calculations, select materials, determine and coordinate tests, review and analyze costs, and solve design related problems.
- Collaborate with our manufacturing team on all aspects of quality management including PPAP compliance.
- Recommend and implement corrective actions for deviations, PPIs, suggestions, variation orders, ECRs and drawing changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, metallurgical or industrial engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience with mechanical products.
- Broad knowledge of varied alloy groups.
- Ability to collect and process data accurately.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and statistical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Auto Cad, Sold Works and Ansys is a plus).
- Must be self-directed, motivated and possess the ability to effectively work with customers, manufacturing teams and management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to read and produce technical reports.
- Ability to contribute to manufacturing strategy.
Sigma offers a comprehensive employment package with competitive salary/bonus program and benefits designed to reward performance. Benefits package includes medical, dental and a 401K program with employer matching.