SIGMA is always looking for talented individuals in Sales and Engineering.
Please forward your resume to HR@sigmaco.com. SIGMA is an equal opportunity employer.
SIGMA Corporation offers a wide range of waterworks, fire protection, and OEM products for customers at home and abroad. SIGMA’s innovative quality and supply chain processes have made us an industry leader, and we continue to develop new products and services, meeting the changing needs of our valued customers every day.
Established in 1985 by engineers with new ideas for supplying AWWA pipe fittings, SIGMA has grown into a multi-million dollar international corporation with loyal customers in all 50 US States, all 10 Canadian Provinces, as well as in the Middle East, Europe, South America and Central America.
SIGMA is currently seeking the right individual to fill our need for an Inside Sales Representative for Plant Work Division. This role can work out of any of our regional facilities with Alexander City, AL or Houston, TX being the preferred work locations.
Plant Work Inside Sale Representative will support the sales team by working directly with customers, our purchasing department and other regions. This roll will be continuing to evolve as the plant team grows.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience in an inside sales role preferably in the waterworks field.
- Excellent customer service and team work skills.
- The ability to build relationships within the company as well as customers.
- A strong sales presence and the will to succeed.
- Strong listening and problem solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel.)
- Robust organizational skills, excellent at time-management and able to communicate status to multiple parties inside our organization and with customers.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and a strong phone presence.
Position responsibilities include:
- Answer phones/email resolve customer questions and concerns swiftly and courteously. Offer additional options for product we do not have readily available.
- Project Management:
- Enter purchase orders – review and enter sales orders with special instructions such as mark numbers, stainless requirements and paint differences.
- Track multiple projects from quote to last release of order.
- Process necessary paperwork to have material blasted for coater, intercompany transfers, and shipment of bare material to coater.
- Necessary stock checks and PO to coater for final product.
- Contact the customer with a confirmation and discuss resolutions for shortages.
- Enter quotes when needed:
- Able to read and understand specifications.
- Enter quotes with special materials and requirements.
- Follow up on quotes with TSM’s.
- PW database:
- Enter Ferguson and Reed project data (and any others).
- Work with team to keep files up to date.
- Send monthly project list updates.
- Place sales calls to customers weekly as well as updates on orders to TSM.
- Follow up on back orders.
- Enter ITS / NIR and POR’s.
- Follow up on POR’s to make sure material arrives on time.
- Linings and coating:
- Enter PO for customers.
- Enter transfers to move material to blasters and coaters.
- Respond to daily requests for pricing.
Sigma Corporation offers competitive wages, an excellent benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with match), paid time off and advancement opportunities.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com and please put ISR PW in the subject line.
Visit us today: www.sigmaco.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Required experience: 2+ years of experience